More links in this section
wilson/ryan/grose has over 125 proud years of leadership in law. Carrying on the legacy of our forebearers as trusted advisors to Queenslanders is an honour in which we take great pride.
Our specialised defamation team has the expertise and experience to tackle defamation cases related to your personal or professional life.
Whether you need to defend a complaint that has been made against you, or are looking to make a complaint, we can provide you with advice to make informed decisions. Our expert team can assist you with ensuring a commercial outcome is achieved or relief is granted for reputational damage you may have suffered.
Our lawyers can provide legal and strategic advice which often results in out-of-court negotiations and restoration of reputation.
By focusing on achieving the best outcome for our clients through taking advantage of the provisions within the legislation, wilson/ryan/grose can facilitate speedy resolutions or cost protection avenues for litigation if a commercial solution cannot be reached.
Our defamation team regularly assists clients with:
- Drafting and issuing Complaints and Concern Notices under the Defamation Act
- Responding to Concern Notices
- Defending complaints
- Negotiating outcomes for clients
- Reviewing and assisting with drafting of publications for social media using risk mitigation strategies
- Assisting with the removal of publications on social media and other public sites such as VEDA and Equifax
- Advising on risks and providing possible suggestions to mitigate risk when preparing for presentations on topical and sensitive material
- Drafting and issuing letters of demand to cease and desist
Our client relationships are enduring, built on a foundation of trust and mutual respect. Contact our team today.