Dan is the Partner of the Planning and Environment Law workgroup at wilson/ryan/grose Lawyers.
He holds a Bachelor of Laws degree and is a member of the Townsville legal profession, graduating from the Queensland University of Technology.
Dan is a member of the Queensland Environmental Law Association, a Fellow of the Urban Development Institute of Australia and a member of the Housing Industry Association.
Practising in all areas of Planning and Environment, Dan advises and represents his clients’ interests including:
- Advice with respect to development application under the Planning Act for material change of use, reconfiguration, operational works and building work
- Advice with respect to the lawfulness of development conditions and infrastructure charges imposed by local authorities and State government departments
- Preparation of cases for hearing and instructing Counsel in the Planning and Environment Court, Land Court, District Court, Supreme Court, Court of Appeal and High Court of Australia
- Site acquisition for development purposes including preparation of contracts, joint ventures, conveyancing and other commercial dealings
- Land resumption and compensation claims against local authorities, State Government Departments and government owned corporations
- Advice with respect to environmental licensing, contaminated land, appeals against environmental conditions and defending environmental prosecutions
- Advice with respect to Heritage Legislation at both a Commonwealth and State level
Dan has experience in representing clients at all stages during a Planning and Environment matter including preparation of cases for hearing and instructing Counsel in the Planning and Environment Court, Land Court, District Court, Supreme Court, Court of Appeal and High Court of Australia.
He has made numerous appearances in without prejudice meetings and where appropriate will participate in alternate dispute resolution in an attempt to produce a timely and cost-effective outcome of matters for his clients.